Friday, June 20, 2008

PostHeaderIcon The Baptism

Like I said before, I have been lurking around the blog world for quite sometime. And one of the few things I have been thinking about was how to address my kid and my husband in my blogs. I love all the cute names that most of you moms have given the fruit/s of your womb and I wanted to find a nice special one for mine as well.

I found one and it came about this way. One fine day just as the sun was rising, little beam of sunlight tried to creep into our room through the curtains. My then 1 year old baby saw it. She decided it was something very precious, so she tried to catch hold of that and give it to me. Of course, I accepted her gift and said "thank you Sunshine!!" And I thought what a pretty name for my pretty girl.

Of course thoughts are not like blogs, they don't stop with commas and full stops. So my mind ran on to the lyrics of a song heard sometime ago which ran something like "Good morning Sunshine...your my only light". I wasn't sure of the lyrics so I googled and found the lyrics. Well liberally read, I thot song can be dedicated to my Sunshine. So for those who are interested here are a few lines from the song:

Good morning sunshine,you are my only light,
lying with me by my side,you keep me warm all day.
Just stay with me.

Good morning sunshine,be with me all day,
Just don't let the rain pass you by,
when it's cloudy or windy and the snowflakes arrive,
you somehow just make me,make me feel I'm alive.

Hold it right there,let me take a minute of your time,
to explain how I feel through these rhymes.
I do the best I can, and believe me if I could

I'll build you a paradise with these two hands.

The top of your skin, makes my body go numb,


I'm thinking to myself, if my dream come true,

or is it 'cause you never give me a chance to tell you how I feel,
the moments we had were too precious to kill.
When it is cloudy or windy,please turn your face at me


Disclaimer : This is no the entire song, I have just put in lines I loved

Naming the other important part of my life or rather the other half of me was a more challenging assignment. After going through a rigorous process of finding , shortlisting, rejecting and the works I have decided on "Don" - reason being , the first tme I asked him if he had a pet name, he said Don, it seems thats what his mates used to call him.So Don it is!!


So Ladies and Gentlemen, presenting to you the family that resides in this part of the blog sphere :
Don, Andy & Sunshine!
Applause!!



2 comments:

Itchingtowrite said...

cute one!! now start on real quick!!

Anonymous said...

good lyrics!